The department consists of a nephrology clinic, nephrology testing services, and an End Stage Renal Disease Program, which includes inpatient and outpatient hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
Here are just a few of the reasons why we think we earned this distinction.
- The service boasts one of the largest pediatric dialysis programs in the nation and the largest in North Texas.
- The Nephrology program remains one of the top dialysis centers with the highest Standardized Transplant Ratio (STR) and lowest Standardized Mortality Ratio (SMR) in the nation.
- The program has supported the care of over 400 kidney transplants at Children’s and is consistently a leader in the number of pediatric kidney transplants performed in Texas.
- The Pediatric Nephrology program at Children’s has an NIH Grant for Fellowship Training.
- Children’s has three NIH Research Grants in Pediatric Nephrology and is part of the NIH Research Core.