We often hear from our many patients and families that our Neurology program is the best. And now it has been confirmed by U.S.News & World Report, which ranked the program one of the top in the nation.
The Children’s Neurology program treats more than 18,500 children each year. These kids are seen for conditions across the neurological and developmental spectrum, with emphasis on muscular physiologic and behavioral disorders.
Here’s why we think ours is one of the leading programs in the nation:
- The program includes a Designated Level 4 Epilepsy Center and is the first and only pediatric epilepsy program in the country to be certified by The Joint Commission.
- The service offers a Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (NDD) program, one of only 12 in the U.S. The NDD program provides extensive neurological and multidisciplinary evaluations and management of children with neurogenetic syndromes or developmental disorders, such as autism, for not only the possible cause of the autistic diagnosis, but also any other associated conditions.
- Our rare metabolic disorders clinic treats approximately 400 pediatric and adult patients from around the world each year. The clinic brings together and supports neurologists, geneticists and pediatricians to diagnose and treat patients.
- Our stroke clinic works with several other departments in order to increase compliance and positive outcomes in pediatric stroke patients.
- Collaborative work with researchers at UT Southwestern Medical Center helps bring the latest pediatric neurology research to the department.